The tenement situated on 19 Piłsudskiego Street was erected at the turn of the 19th and 20th -centuries. This Vienna secession - style building made of red bricks, deserves attention thanks to its interesting architecture, in particular, its richly decorative architectural details and a face of the clock fitted into the façade. This, characteristic for Krosno scenery, 'house with a clock' was built for Michał Mięsowicz /1864 - 1938/, a clock and watch maker of Krosno, one of the noblest citizens of the Royal Free Town. From 1890 the building housed a clockmaker's workshop and in 1901 the First Domestic Factory of Tower Clocks, run by Mięsowicz until 1938, was founded there. The factory managed to manufacture about 280 clockworks.
Honourable tradition of Krosno craft gave rise to the attempts to adapt the building for the museum purposes. The first, who brought forward a proposal for setting up the institution that would display handicraft characteristic for the region of historic Galicia, were two guild masters: Józef Cisowski of Krosno and Tadeusz Bochenek from Moderowka (Poland), who had already been involved in building up a craft collection. The issue of establishing the Craft Museum was examined for the first time by the board of the Chamber of Crafts and Small Business, which appointed the Organisational Committee. In 1980 the board of management made a request to the President of Krosno to allot the building for the Museum of Craft. The project of setting up the museum was presented to the Town Council by Józef Cisowski during the symposium on December 28th, 1980. A decision on handing over the building for museum purposes was taken by President of Krosno Zbigniew Piotrowski on May 12th, 1981. After the residents had been relocated, the local authorities adopted directives on renovation and adaptation of the building. An architectural record was prepared by Stanisław Pšprowicz, and the interior design was created by Ewa Cisowska. On June 8th, 1981 a special committee (Społeczny Komitet Modernizacji Budynku na Muzeum Rzemiosła w Krośnie) that would concentrate on modernization of the building was formed. The committee consisted of 28 members, with Józef Cisowski as a chairman and Tadeusz Bochenek and Jan Deptuch as his deputies. Complete renovation was carried out during the years 1984 - 1987 by the Chamber of Crafts and Small Business in Krosno, which also provided essential museum equipment.
The museum would never come to existence if it had not been for passion and work of people closely related to Krosno craft tradition. The project was partly financed by Ministry of Culture and Art and Rzeszów Craft Chamber; however the large sums of money came from voluntary contributions of the craftsmen, who would also take it upon themselves to do gratuitous work. Bricklaying: Kazimierz Zając, Stanisław Markowski, Stanisław Warchoł, Jan Rozenbeiger, Krzysztof Frydrch and Celestyn Wójcik. Woodwork: Józef Pelczar. Roofing works: Jan Przybysz. Carpentry: Józef Winiarski, Stanisław Pudlo, Józef and Piotr Swiątek, Jan Wasłowicz, Julian Konop, Jan Burda, the front door curved in wood and 3 inner doors Jan wasłowicz /as the example of mastery in carpentry/. Fitting works: Zdzisław Kwiatkowski and Józef Leśniak, Painting works: Tadeusz Gazda. Glass works - Jan and Józef Omachel Masonry: Bolesław Junko. Ornamental window bars: Antoni Paczosa. A face of the clock: Tadeusz Bochenek with Sons: Wiesław and Jacek. Renovation works were supervised by Stanisław Pąprowicz and conservatory works were watched over by Zdzisław Gil. The Guild Master Józef Cisowski was in charge of technical and organisational works.
The Museum of Crafts in Krosno was set up by virtue of Order of the President of Town of Krosno, dated July 1st, 1989. It was made open to the public on March 17th, 1990 after the opening ceremony. Vast majority of showpieces presented in the permanent exhibition has been handed over by the families of craftsmen. Tadeusz Bochenek got involved in collecting tools, goods and souvenirs while the museum was still under repair. Among many donors there were: Józef Cisowski, Tadeusz and Józef Bochenek, Józef Młot Mróz, Franciszek Markiewicz, Włodzimierz and Stanisław Lenik, Adam Habrat, Józef Guzik, Jadwiga Romanowska, Stanisława Kluz, Andrzej Kołder, Rzeszów Craft Chamber, the Chamber of Crafts and Small Business in Krosno and Krosno City Hall. The Museum of Crafts in Krosno is a cultural institution organised by local government. It is a center for scientific research that seeks to collect, preserve, protect and display the cultural achievements in the field of history of craft and industry as well as handicraft characteristic for the region of historic Galicia, with particular emphasis placed on the city of Krosno and the immediate vicinity. In addition the museum: